Reporting directly to the System Director of Food Service, this role is responsible for the system wide culinary direction and leadership of Nutrition Services .
Develops culinary programs that support strategic plans and goals for Nutrition Services.
Takes lead role in implementing culinary plans at the healthcare systems sites.
Collects data to measure key success metrics. Manages results and ensures positive site relations.
1. Provides culinary direction and oversight for Health Nutrition Services.
2. Develops recipes and menus that provide a variety of high quality food selections, are sensitive to diverse customer populations, incorporate fresh local ingredients, and promote health and wellness.
3. Designs efficient, cost effective food procurement and production processes that ensure consistency of products, incorporate ingredients compliant to department contracts, maximize labor efficiency, and reduce food waste.
4. Implements patient food service programs that increase patient and family satisfaction and support therapeutic diet disease management.
5. Accountable for service and quality improvement results.
6. Implements retail food service programs that engage customers, increase participation rates in retail operations, and increase revenue year over year.
7. Participates in the measurement of key success metrics. Monitor metrics and results. Create and implement solutions when targets are not met.
8. Participates in the formulation of department business plans.
9. Participates in the development of strategic long and short-term goals and plans, in support of strategic goals.
10. Provides oversight for standards and philosophies for the department.
11. Provides input into annual site budgets. Manages assigned resources within the annual department budgets. Reviews and monitor financial results.
12. Interviews, hires, orients, coaches and develops staff members. Assigns duties and responsibilities, evaluates performance, provides feedback and takes corrective action as needed.
13. Complies with local, state and federal laws and regulations that pertain to the operation of Nutrition Services.
14. Maintains current knowledge of business operations and management techniques.
15. Results oriented-processimprovement, employee engagement focused, quality, etc
16. Participates on various hospital committees.
17. Maintains and contributes to a safe work environment.
18. Uses tools and equipment appropriately.
- Bachelors Degree in food service or culinary arts required.
- Minimium of 10 years of food service management experience with demonstrated strength in relationship management, process management and people management skills.
- Muliti-site Healthcare experience required.
- ServSafe Certification required
- American Culinary Certification required