- ASCP required; must be graduate of an accredited Cytology program
- M – F (no weekends) day shift
- Start time varies between 7a and 8a
- Candidate must be trained in microscopic evaluation of gynecological (pap smears) and non-gynecological (body fluids) specimens
- Primary duty is the microscopic evaluation of pap smears. Additional duties: processing of Non-GYN specimens, assisting on final needle aspirates, microscopic evaluation of Non-GYN specimens, pap smear registration and accessioning, pap smear processing, pap smear staining, stainer maintenance. The processing, registration, and accessioning is typically done by support staff but the Cytotechs cover for PTO, FMLA, call-offs, or when it is needed based on volume.
- Equipment – Thin Prep processors, Thin Prep imager, Leica stainer
- Will work directly with 3 Board Certified Cytopathologists and 1 other Cytotech
- Volume: 10,000 pap smears/yea and 3,000 non gyn/year
- Reports to Clinical Lab Manager
- $27.27 – $37.53/hour
- $4,000 sign-on bonus
- Relocation – yes
Comprehensive benefits package: medical, prescription, dental, vision, life, disability, 403B with employer matching, employer-sponsored pension, Paid Time Off, free employee health services, credit union, fitness center, childcare, and sick child care, one-mile walking/running trail, etc.)
Great healthcare system located about 1 hour east of Columbus, OH and 2 hours west of Pittsburgh! A rural city with rolling hills located in eastern central OH.
If you love to golf, this is the city for you! There are also 2 state parks in the area with hiking, boating, swimming opportunities, etc. Antiques and pottery are big business in this area as are Longaberger baskets. Sports leagues include sand volleyball, softball, etc. There are several choices of fitness centers (average cost to join for one person is $250/year). A choice 1 bedroom apartment will cost ~ $475 -650/ month.