$45,000- $60,000 per year
Medical Technologist/Medical Lab Tech ASCP – Hospital or Clinic
We are recruiting Medical Technologists and Medical Lab Techs for an expanding Healthcare System located one hour East of Columbus.
Opportunities available in either Hospital or Healthcare Clinic.
Lab is high volume and performs over 1.8 million tests per year.
*Will perform, evaluate and submit results on blood and body fluid specimens received for laboratory analysis.
*Maintains knowledge of laboratory tests and processes specimens maintaining specimen integrity according to individual test requirements.
*Scope of responsibility may include maintenance of equipment, ability to troubleshoot instrument performance, and display understanding of quality control requirements related to test analysis.
*Maintains knowledge and assists in complying with all regulatory agencies including CAP, HFAP, OSHA, and HIPPA.
*May provide assistance in areas of phlebotomy, CPA, and telecommunications
New Lab opened with brand new State of the Art equipment in 2015.
Six Month Orientation will be on straight day shift.
Micro is set-up only for 2nd shift
- ASCP required unless candidate is a new graduate
- 2nd shift with occasional floating to 3rd shift (hospital-based positions); 8-hour shifts
- Clinic positions are all 36 hours/week and 12-hour shifts (7a – 7:30 p or 7p – 7:30a)
- MLT: $21.16 – $28.45/hr
- MT: $23.48 – $31.58hr
- Shift Differentials
- 2nd shift differential = $2.75/hr
- 3rd shift differential = $3.00/hr
- Weekend differential = $1.05/hr
- Weekend and Holiday Rotation-Every 3rd weekend worked; holiday rotation as well
*Bachelor’s degree required.
*New graduates are encouraged to apply if they have completed a Clinical in a high volume lab.
*ASCP Certification required unless a new graduate
*Blood Bank experience a plus!
MLT candidates: sign-on bonus of $6,000 for three year commitment
- $1,500 at time of hire
- $1,500 at END of 2nd year
- $3,000 at END of 3rd year
- MT candidates (Bachelors prepared): sign-on bonus of $10,000 for three year commitment
- $2,500 at time of hire
- $2,500 at END of 2nd year
- $5,000 at END of 3rd year
Comprehensive benefits package: medical, prescription, dental, vision, life, disability, 403B with employer matching, employer-sponsored pension, Paid Time Off, free employee health services, credit union, fitness center, child care and sick child care, one-mile walking/running trail etc.)
Great healthcare system located about 1 hour east of Columbus, OH and 2 hours west of Pittsburgh! Rural city with rolling hills located in eastern central OH.
If you love to golf, this is the city for you!
There are also 2 state parks in the area with hiking, boating, swimming opportunities, etc. Antiques and pottery are big business in this area as are Longaberger baskets. Sports leagues include: sand volleyball, softball, etc. There are several choices of fitness centers (average cost to join for one person is $250/year).
A choice 1 bedroom apartment will cost ~ $450 -600/ month.